This was news to me, I had heard something about the Irish thing, apparently a great-great grandaddy on his maternal side was from the little town he visited last week, Moneygall, Ireland, population 300. Ever the photo-opp president, he publicly drank a Guiness. Now after seeing your question, I looked it up and he evidently made the crack "If you live in Chicago and you haven't become a little bit Polish, then something's wrong with you."http://www.webanswers.com/politics/politics/what-s-with-obama-first-he-was-irish-then-british-and-now-polish-where-will-this-end-438184
Ok so now he's just adding lineage as he goes along trotting the globe? Will he be part Mexican the next time he stops to visit there? Perhaps he will be part Eqyptian, in the near future. Who knows? I mean come on, lots of us are mutts - I have roots in Germany, France, Belgium and Austria, but I was born here, of two US citizens, and I don't go around saying I'm a German-French-Belgian-Austrian-American. Either you are American or you're not.
My guess is he's going for the whole President-of-the-World title. Maybe he can trade in his non-deserved Peace Prize for that one.
Evidently the Polish-roots-connection came out in 2008, there was a shot taken at O by Polish Foreign Affairs Minister Radoslaw Sikorski who quipped, "Why does Barack Obama have Polish roots? Because his grandfather ate a Polish missionary."
Welcome to Reality.
Sunday, June 5, 2011
What's with Obama? First, he was Irish, then British, and now Polish?
I came across a little-known story about our illustrious President the other day. His ancestral background of course, has been a mystery to many, but did you know that in addition to his Kenyan, Irish, and British roots, that he is also part Polish? Check out this interesting little exchange from the webanswers.com forum that prompted the following response from me:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment